Monday 20 July 2015

The beginning

One breezy April afternoon, my mum told me that I should sign up for the Youth Voice, Youth Choice program. A program that allows the young people of the RBWM to create a project for the community a chance to make it alive with funding of &2000!! I sat down with my mum and we discussed what we wanted in this workshop and I suggested we pledge an animation workshop that would be for 12-14 year olds, that would allow to try animation and live action shooting with help of CRB checked adults in the process. 

Later that week my mother and I sat down and wrote the application. A couple of weeks later, my mother told me that our application had been shortlisted by a youth panel and she sent me a link that I was supposed to pass around to others so they can vote for my project. But I forgot all about it!! The next week my mum was rather annoyed that I had forgotten about it, so she pleged with friends and family to vote.(thank god for that! Thanks mum.)

10/6/15

I will never forget this date as this is when my mother received an email, saying that I got the most public votes! I was so pleased about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment